Sunday 28 July 2013

Clandestine Gothic

Mine eyes behind the crimson curtain fell,
To heavy chain and silent, tarnished bell,
Still marble lowered orbs as low he passed,
And followed as he rose from deck to mast.
Descending on us almost unaware,
Deceitful and despicable despair,
Past the pointed arch and ornate spire,
To the madness and seclusion of desire.
“What storm?” his eyes, “I see nor hear none now.”
“It surrounds you,” I return with humble bow.
“Suck my life, unveil thy brass and beak,
Bathe in tremors only fear can seek!”
“You mock me or perceive on different plain.”
“I’m honest and believe that you’re the same.”
“Then take up fire, poison or the steel,
Press the mortal wound so all can heal.”
When from behind the crimson curtain fell,
The heavy chain and silent, tarnished bell,
He sacrificed and bore my burden shame,
Then begged we never spoke of this again.

*           *           *

No comments:

Post a Comment