Sunday 28 July 2013

Bastardised Villanelle About Drugs, Domestic Violence and Mum.

She’s settled for second best,
Nng.

Start. …I’m really sorry “Bark!” got broke TV,
Can you send some cash. I don’t like to ask,
But we’ll be back on our feet soon, you see… Stop.

Start. …I’m so sorry “Bark!” I know I was free.
Can you bail me out? I don’t like to ask,
But we’ll be back on our feet soon, you see… Stop.

Second best, the sapling she got left with.

Start. …Bark, I’m sorry “Bark!” it’s still only me.
I swear to God that I removed the masque.
It’s over in a week, at the most three… Stop.

Start. …I’m so sorry “Bark!” it’s not me you see.
If I can manage to complete this task,
Then there will be no need for me to flee… Stop.

Start. …please send help “Bark!” it’s all gone wrong for me.
I got ripped off, I’m embarrassed to ask,
It’s not as if I’m on a shopping spree… Stop.

Nng. She tells me my bark stinks, I’m infected. Nng.

Start. …I’m really sorry but you can’t blame me.
You can’t break the cycle that easily.
Anyway, there’s no need for you to ask.
Just send the money, set both of us free… Stop. Nng.

No comments:

Post a Comment